In Episode 1 of the Impact India podcast, I meet with Kriti Tula, founder of India’s first zero waste fashion brand Doodlage, at Cafe Inside Stories in New Delhi.
Doodlage creates pieces from textile waste and materials found, therefore hunting for material first, and entering the design process second. This is how Doodlage pieces come to life. The team inspires everyone to get creative too, including their tailors and labour workers to instill a love and responsibility for ethical design and production. Now in over 40 stores across India, it’s super exciting to see such an innovative brand spreading so quickly in a country where global production is priority, and western culture and influence has taken over.
Tune in to hear:
- How travel has inspired her vision for a circular industry in India
- How mass consumerism has impacted India’s fashion industry
- Kriti’s insight into how the fashion industry has become so unsustainable, linking back to cultural norms of traditional India
- How The Resolution Project Invests in Young Leaders to Create Positive Ventures
- This Startup Captures Harmful CO2 from the Atmosphere to Create the World’s First Carbon-Negative Diamonds
- Cope Notes is on a Mission to Scale Mental Health Support to Millions Around the World
- The Valentine’s Day Gift Guide For Conscious Consumers (2021)
- On Deck is Building a World Class Community of Ambitious People to Launch and Scale Big Ideas
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at email@example.com