Amy Smith joined TOMS in 2016 as Chief Giving Officer to oversee all aspects of TOMS Giving. This entails managing 70+ global giving partners, measuring giving program impact, experiential engagement with internal and external partners, and leading employee Giving Trips to the regions where TOMS gives.
TOMS provides shoes, sight, and water as part of their Giving Partners overall health and education programs to help drive meaningful impact and engage the community. Amy also manages the impact grants program, in which TOMS contributes to non-profits that are working on today’s most pressing issues, including homelessness and ending gun violence.
Amy was previously the Chief Strategy Officer and President of Action Networks for Points of Light, the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service. Prior to joining Points of Light, Amy held several management positions at Apple helping to lead their retail initiative including international real estate development, store design, construction execution and store operations. Amy earned a bachelor’s degree in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University.
This episode was recorded at TOMS headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. I was fortunate enough to attend the Conscious Capitalism LA(CCLA) fireside chat with Amy Smith, Chief Giving Officer at TOMS. The night was hosted by Conscious Capitalism LA and B Local Los Angeles, the affiliation of Los Angeles B Corporations.
This episode will have a couple of parts. The first part you will hear the full discussion between between CCLA Board Member, Steve Phillips, and Amy Smith, Chief Giving Officer of TOMS as they discuss:
- TOMS’ courageous decision to extend their corporate impact by stepping into the political landscape with their End Gun Violence Campaign
- The evolution of TOMS’ business and philanthropy models
- Why TOMS’ certified as a B Corp after they were already established as a leader in the Corporate Social Innovation space
The second part of this episode I sit down with Amy one on one after the event for a brief interview.
Podcast cover design Made with Canva
Podcast Made with Transistor
- This Inspiring Fintech Startup Enables Affordable Financing Solutions for African Students in Global Universities
- Meet the First-Ever Food Forest in Rwanda and the Impact it Creates
- New Story is Using a Startup Mentality to Create One of the World’s Most Innovative Nonprofits
- How To Tackle Climate Change With Climate Researcher Anjana Aravind
- Meet the Global Movement to Ensure Future Generations Thrive in the New Economy
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur