The Tourism Shala is a collaborative impact event for leaders of sustainable travel in India and across Asia. The event will take place on Saturday, September 21st at The Park in New Delhi from 10am to 5pm, followed up a networking and social evening hosted by our sponsor Mango Kitchen and Bar from 7pm to 9pm.
The goals of the event include:
- Break the silos between travel organizations in India and unify the industry (focusing on collaboration across the sector) by bringing together various sized travel organizations
- Create solutions and actionable steps for organizations to take by creating a white paper during the hackathon portion of the event
- Create standards and accountability for sustainability in the industry from all participating organizations
- Amplify the importance of economic, social and environmental sustainability in the industry
- Build a network to keep tourism dollars inside India
This event is YOUR opportunity to make travel what you want it to be. Through engaging presentations, discussions and an industry hackathon, we will develop actions that can be taken to increase sustainability in travel and to hold tourism organizations accountable.
Hear from incredible speakers leading real change in tourism.
Our speaker line up includes:
- Himanshu Shekhar, owner of Delhi by Cycle
- Komal Darira, Business Unit Manager and Tour Leader at Urban Adventures
- Sumantha Ghosh, owner of Vanghat Lodge
- Mandeep Kaur, founder of Tribes for GOOD
- Nitin Sharma and his daughter, Gauranshi, leaders of Wanderer’s Nest, SAKSHAM and Ashanari
- And our keynote speaker, Jazzmine Raine, co-founder of Hara House, India’s first zero waste tourism organization and hotel chain
Thank you to our partners and sponsors PEAK DMC India Pvt. Ltd, Impact Travel Alliance, Hara House, Big Picture Travel, Delhi by Cycle, and Mango Kitchen and Bar for making this event possible.
Click here for full itinerary details and tickets.
About Sustainable Travel Network (STN)
We are a community of sustainable travel leaders breaking the silos of the industry and fostering collaboration across the sector. We provide tourism organizations and travelers with resources that help create a sustainable tourism industry and support sustainable development.
Our goals include:
- Create a network of tourism organizations that supports sustainable tourism in India.
- Cultivate a community of sustainability leaders working to support each other’s initiatives.
- Develop a database of sustainable travel organizations and activities across India
- Share resources for travelers to implement sustainable practices into their travels
- GreenStory Combines Sustainability Analysis with Informative Graphics to Make Conscious Consumerism More Transparent
- Turner Impact Capital is Building One of the Nation’s Largest and Fastest Growing Social Impact Investment Firms
- How GoChain is Building Blockchain Solutions to Help Create a More Transparent and Sustainable World
- GoodCarts is the Easiest Way for Impact Ecommerce Stores to Gain New Customers for Free
- A New Category of Functional Sustainable Footwear is Being Created From Cannabis Hemp Fibers
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at email@example.com