In episode 4 of the Impact India podcast, I sit with Mandeep Jhajj at Bootstart in Fort, Mumbai to talk about how her social enterprise, Tribes for GOOD, is changing the way we see voluntourism.
Tribes for GOOD is an impact travel organization that bridges the talent gap faced by social change organizations in India by connecting them to an international talent pool of students, millennials and early retirees. Mandeep dives into how her Social Impact Journeys are impacting founders and beneficiaries of social impact organizations across Maharashtra and beyond.
Tune in to learn:
- How you can make an impact using your unique skills without leaving your home
- The ethical approach to volunteering abroad
- How Mandeep is transforming Tribes for GOOD into a tech platform
- (Podcast) Founder of MADI Apparel on the Future of Ethical Fashion and Empowering Women
- The Social Impact Holiday Gift Guide For Conscious Consumers(2019)
- Meet the Inspiring CEO Creating Jobs for Women with Histories of Addiction and Incarceration
- The Virtue Project Brings Together Creators and Entrepreneurs Shaping Social Impact in Los Angeles
- Meet Vera, The New Platform That Makes it Easy to Offset Your Plastic Footprint
What's Your Reaction?
I am a social entrepreneur. That means I use business as a catalyst for social goodness. I am deeply passionate about sustainable travel, zero waste living, ethical fashion and social good. I currently run North India's first zero waste guesthouse, Hara House, and am the Content Director at Causeartist.