In episode 32 of the Disruptors for Good podcast, I speak with Tamra Ryan, the CEO of the Women’s Bean Project about ending the cycle of poverty for women who have been chronically unemployed due to addictions and/or incarceration.
Tamra Ryan is the CEO of Women’s Bean Project, a social enterprise that provides transitional employment, while operating a food manufacturing business, to women attempting to break the cycle of chronic unemployment and poverty.
Tamra is a former partner and board member for Social Venture Partners-Denver, currently serves and part-time Interim CEO for the Social Enterprise Alliance, and is on the Council of Advisors for the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver.
Congressman Mike Coffman (R-CO) recognized Tamra’s servant leadership and entered it into the Congressional Record of the 115th Congress, Second Session in May 2018. She was honored by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce as one of the Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Colorado and is part of the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) Leadership Network.
She was a presenter at TEDxMilehigh and is a highly sought-after speaker for topics such as compassionate leadership and social enterprise. Tamra is the author of The Third Law, a book which highlights the societal obstacles and internal demons that must be overcome for marginalized women to change their lives. The Third Law has won numerous awards for women/minorities in business and social activism. She is currently working on her second book, Followship: How to be a leader worth following.
- Interview With Brad Feld, Co-founder Of Techstars, On His Journey Building Startup Communities Dedicated To Solving Complex Challenges
- Building a Sustainable Travel Industry Post-Pandemic with Sustainable Travel Network
- Meet the Fund Leading Impact Investing in Mexico and Latin America
- The Journey to Create a Sustainable Fashion Marketplace for Men
- How We Can Bring the Best of Silicon Valley to Underserved Communities in America
Founder of Causeartist // Social Entrepreneur