In Episode 19 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with military veteran, Jesse Gould, Founder of Heroic Hearts Project on how ayahuasca therapy is transforming the lives of veterans with PTSD and why its important to overcome the stigma of psychedelics.
The Heroic Hearts Project (HHP) is a registered 501(c)(3) non profit that connects military veterans struggling with mental trauma to ayahuasca therapy retreats. These veterans typically have tried all the available resources offered by the Department of Veteran Affairs with limited success leaving them with very few options.
The organization opens the doors to other viable options. HHP also provides support and professional counseling to these veterans throughout the process. Their mission is to provide hope and healing to military veterans that have been left hopeless by the current Veteran Affairs system. They seek to spread awareness in the veteran community of powerful plant based therapies like ayahuasca and end the excessive dependence on powerful medications to treat mental traumas.
- Creating Sustainable Footwear With Megha Rawat, Founder of Kurio
- 10 Things You Can’t Recycle and Sustainable Alternatives to Replace Them
- My Bear Jeff Brings Smiles to Children Dealing with Trauma
- This Social Impact Marketplace has Deployed Nearly $100 Million to Artisans Around the World
- Talking Waste Innovation with Manik Thapur of Ecowise
What's Your Reaction?
Founder of Causeartist + Social Entrepreneur + Partner at Charity Charge.