In Episode 19 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with military veteran, Jesse Gould, Founder of Heroic Hearts Project on how ayahuasca therapy is transforming the lives of veterans with PTSD and why its important to overcome the stigma of psychedelics.
The Heroic Hearts Project (HHP) is a registered 501(c)(3) non profit that connects military veterans struggling with mental trauma to ayahuasca therapy retreats. These veterans typically have tried all the available resources offered by the Department of Veteran Affairs with limited success leaving them with very few options.
The organization opens the doors to other viable options. HHP also provides support and professional counseling to these veterans throughout the process. Their mission is to provide hope and healing to military veterans that have been left hopeless by the current Veteran Affairs system. They seek to spread awareness in the veteran community of powerful plant based therapies like ayahuasca and end the excessive dependence on powerful medications to treat mental traumas.
- 40 Social Entrepreneurs to Watch for in 2021
- The Better Meat Co is Pioneering the Future of Food Sustainability Through Technology and Cellular Agriculture
- Join The Social Impact & Career Growth Fellowship With The MovingWorlds Institute
- WordProof is Creating a More Trusted Web Through Timestamp Technology
- BE Outfitter Partners with Wounded Warrior Homes to Provide Its Adaptable Shelter to Homeless Veterans
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur