Meet the husband and wife team of Chris and Amy Teague, founders of Hope in Planks(HIP). They sell beautiful solid wooden home ware designed by themselves in the city of Plymouth and sustainably made in Devon, England (FSC certified wood) HIP also give 10% of every sale to an orphanage they work closely with in Guatemala.
“As a business we just want to sustainably make a difference to the orphans in particular as we grow we want to support the orphans who are due to leave or already left by providing them with the skills they need to succeed in life and hopefully investing in small businesses which they run.” – Chris Teague
Below is a Q&A with Chris, Co-founder of Hope in Planks
Talk about the journey of how you and your wife decided to start HIP.
When customers purchase a product from HIP, what do you hope that donation on the backend of the sale will do?
All of your products are made from top quality FSC certified wood. For those who may not know what that means can you explain what that is and why its important?
Do you make the products ourselves? In your home or do you have an office that you make them out of?
What is the name of the orphanage that the company is supporting?
What other products do you plan to make in the future?
- Building a Sustainable Travel Industry Post-Pandemic with Sustainable Travel Network
- Meet the Fund Leading Impact Investing in Mexico and Latin America
- The Journey to Create a Sustainable Fashion Marketplace for Men
- How We Can Bring the Best of Silicon Valley to Underserved Communities in America
- Fashion That Connects People and The Planet with WeAreLabeless
Founder of Causeartist // Social Entrepreneur