Meet the husband and wife team of Chris and Amy Teague, founders of Hope in Planks(HIP). They sell beautiful solid wooden home ware designed by themselves in the city of Plymouth and sustainably made in Devon, England (FSC certified wood) HIP also give 10% of every sale to an orphanage they work closely with in Guatemala.
“As a business we just want to sustainably make a difference to the orphans in particular as we grow we want to support the orphans who are due to leave or already left by providing them with the skills they need to succeed in life and hopefully investing in small businesses which they run.” – Chris Teague
Below is a Q&A with Chris, Co-founder of Hope in Planks
Talk about the journey of how you and your wife decided to start HIP.
When customers purchase a product from HIP, what do you hope that donation on the backend of the sale will do?
All of your products are made from top quality FSC certified wood. For those who may not know what that means can you explain what that is and why its important?
Do you make the products ourselves? In your home or do you have an office that you make them out of?
What is the name of the orphanage that the company is supporting?
What other products do you plan to make in the future?
- How to Responsibly use Offshore Manufacturing and Disrupt the Lifecycle of Fast Fashion
- Top 5 Impact Brands to Shop on the New Buy Good Feel Good Marketplace
- Meet the Sneaker Company Investing in Education and Job Training Across Africa
- A Guide to Sustainable Activewear in Asia
- New Sustainable Brand Ratings Make it Easier Than Ever to Dress Like You Give a Damn
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur