In episode 14 of the Impact India podcast, I speak with Megha Rawat, founder of Kurio, a sustainable fashion brand that conceptualizes and manufactures upcycled, handmade, and locally crafted footwear.
How did Megha’s love-hate relationship with her mother’s resourcefulness inspire her journey in conscious living and fashion? Find out as I sit down with Megha to chat about innovation in fashion, and navigating the many challenges of accessibility.
Megha Rawat is the founder of Kurio, a sustainable fashion brand that conceptualizes and manufactures upcycled, handmade, and locally crafted footwear.
Megha is by choice a sustainability practitioner and by degree a coder. Her passion for sustainability led to the launch of Kurio Designs. Her mission is to design and create products that make people aware of our fragile environment while offering them beautiful fashion that makes an impact.
Kurio Designs is an award nominated brand here in India, and Megha has been recognized for her work by many platforms such as The Better India and LBB. She has also been selected for countless impact accelerators and of course, I’m one of her biggest fans.
In this episode, Megha and I dive into how to identify valuable collaboration opportunities for your start-up, channelling all 5 senses in the customer journey, and the challenges around telling your story as a conscious brand.
Connect with Megha at kurio.in.
- How Social Impact Capital Funds Ambitious Entrepreneurs Building World Changing Companies
- These Two Founders are Leading the Global Discussion About Girl-Against-Girl Bullying in the Digital Age
- This Social Enterprise Brews Beer From Leftover Bread to Tackle Food Waste
- Top Advice From 30 Social Entrepreneurs to Help You Stay Focused
- A Conversation With Matt Hill, Founder Of One Tree Planted On Using Trees To Revitalize Our Planet
What's Your Reaction?
I am a social entrepreneur. That means I use business as a catalyst for social goodness. I am deeply passionate about sustainable travel, zero waste living, ethical fashion and social good. I currently run North India's first zero waste guesthouse, Hara House, and am the Content Director at Causeartist.