In Episode 3 of the Impact India podcast, I meet with Himanshu Shekhar, owner of Delhi By Cycle, at The Red Kettle Cafe.
Himanshu cycled across India 3300km(2050 miles) to understand India and its land better! After a few years in finance & business, realized his true calling for stories, travel and human connections.
Delhi by Cycle is India’s first cycling tour company based in New Delhi. Himanshu dives into his passion for cycling and why New Delhi is the most beautiful city in India, along with his journey in entrepreneurship coming from a finance background.
Tune in to hear:
- How the company is smashing the stigma around cycling
- How modes of transportation are associated with the caste system
- Himanshu’s journey in advocating for cycling lanes in a city overcome by traffic and pollution
- Buy Local and Social: 13 Social Enterprises to Support Amidst COVID-19
- Discussing The Impact of COVID-19 on Different Sectors of Our Society
- Meet the Female Founder on a Mission to Bring Health and Wellness to 10 Million Children
- This Social Enterprise is on a Mission to Fund and Preserve the Artisans of Italy
- Creating the Future of Travel With Sustainable Travel Network
What's Your Reaction?
I am a social entrepreneur. That means I use business as a catalyst for social goodness. I am deeply passionate about sustainable travel, zero waste living, ethical fashion and social good. I currently run North India's first zero waste guesthouse, Hara House, and am the Content Director at Causeartist.