Home and routine are nice. Sure. We’re huge fans of putting in the work everyday and hanging out at our favorite local places. But, there’s something about stepping away from that into a new place or a new culture. It requires something else. The act of pursuing travel conveys an eagerness to try and learn and see. It necessitates stepping far away from routine and comfort. And to be honest, it changes everything.
1. You’ll realize just how big and marvelous this world is.
2. You’ll realize how many beaches there are to swim in & mountains there are to climb.
3. You’ll realize how much good there is to do.
4. You’ll see how kindness overpowers all language barriers.
5. You’ll realize how many stories and people there are to discover.
6. You’ll taste things you’ve never tasted.
7. You’ll get uncomfortable. You may even miss home. That’s okay.
8. You’ll realize how we are all pretty similar.
9. You’ll recognize how we all need help. We all want to be loved & understood.
10. You’ll face your greatest strengths and weaknesses. A lot.
11. You’ll learn that friends can be made anywhere.
12. You’ll appreciate your home team.
13. You’ll grow. Immeasurably.
14. You’ll return home already planning the next adventure.
15. You’ll never stop wanting to try, learn and see more.
What's Your Reaction?
Have Fun. Do Good. owner and founder Adam Kunes incorporates his entrepreneurial spirit and passion for service into everything he does. Adam participated in Semester at Sea, a 100-day undergraduate cruise around the world. This experience opened Adam’s eyes to the world and shaped his views on what it means to truly give to others. His participation in many service-oriented trips both during Semester at Sea and at home inspired the concept for HFDG. Adam hopes his efforts will allow others to realize the opportunities to volunteer are endless and that service can be fun. IG: havefundogood