Earlier this year when I got together with a few friends we talked about all the ways the business we were about to start could make a difference. We wanted to make this world a better place, that was sure.
When we launched Allkiind, we decided we’d donate 10% of every purchase to good deeds, charitable causes, non-profits, and activities that make our world a better place.
But making the world a better place seems like a lot of work. There’s so much to do, it’s easy to lose focus or be overwhelmed. But the good thing is that no matter where you start, it matters! No matter what you do, it makes a difference.
So Far, So Good
This Giving Tuesday we were reflecting on what we’ve accomplished together so far and dreaming of what is yet to come. Since Allkiind launched three and a half months ago, together with our customers, we:
- Surprised someone undergoing chemotherapy with a ‘Box of Sunshine’
- Dropped off school supplies at a shelter for abused children
- Provided food for a month for a future guide dog
- Gifted give-back headbands to children battling cancer
- Collected socks for a local rescue mission
- Sent Halloween costumes to kids in need who couldn’t get them
- Donated to support breast cancer research, early detection, and prevention
- Helped advance the the global status and welfare of women
- Supported the fight against human trafficking right here in Orange County
And this is just the beginning! When someone asks us about Allkiind’s impact, it’s hard to sum it up in one sentence, because we’re committed to supporting a variety of causes. And that’s what makes giving so easy – no matter where you turn, there’s a unique opportunity to make a difference.
And that’s what makes giving so easy – no matter where you turn, there’s a unique opportunity to make a difference.
If you know of a need or cause you’d like to see us support, please get in touch – we’d love to hear about it. Let’s keep making the world brighter together! Thanks for being #initforgood.
Latest posts by Doris Neufeld (see all)
- So Far, So Good – Celebrating Every Step of Giving Back As A Social Entrepreneur - November 30, 2016